Job detailsPosting date: 19 February 2021
Salary: £20,000 to £45,000 per year
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 21 March 2021
Location: Canary Wharf, East London
Company: Objectway Ltd
Job type: Permanent
SummaryTo strengthen our team in LONDON we are currently looking for a:
To be involved primarily in the development, support and testing of the eXimius Back Office Wealth Management application.
eXimius Back Office Wealth Management is designed for the challenges of today’s demanding investments & securities industry. In the current environment, success requires investment managers to keep pace with rapid-fire challenges such as continuing changes in legislation, increasingly demanding customers, and new business processes and investment products. The eXimius Back Office Wealth Management application provides advanced tools and technology to manage these challenges delivering a platform for modern investment management with state-of-the-art capabilities.
Working in a fast-paced development environment, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Agile development lifecycle from estimation through to build, test and support of the product.
The successful candidate will be serving some of the biggest name clients in the financial sector, therefore commitment and attention to detail is essential. There will be opportunities for client site visits and client engagement, hence excellent communication skills are necessary. They will have good problem-solving skills and will work in a team environment, on a wide variety of business & technical issues. If you have these qualities, we would like to meet you.
Objectway will train the successful candidate in:
- Development using Intersystems IRIS/Cache/Ensemble technology platform
- Investment Management Industry business practices
- Agile development practices
- Configuration Management & Continuous Integration
- Atlassian JIRA Issue Management
The role will include:
- Review and analysis of client specifications
- Estimation and production of development proposals
- Building new software in line with client specifications
- Performing solution testing to ensure system integrity
- Servicing defect management activities
- Working within a Scrum team
- Up to 5 years’ experience programming in any software technology.
- Quick Learner receptive to new technologies and practices.
- Team player, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality.
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem
o JasperSoft Reporting
- Thorough and dependable – detail oriented.
- Strong commitment to providing quality service.
- Career minded and dedicated.
- Previous experience with any of the following would be an advantage;
o Automated Software Testing
o Cloud deployment/Containerisation
o Working within a DevOps model
- An understanding and good working knowledge of the following core elements;
- A challenging and progressive position within an international work
- Permanent employment
- Excellent remuneration pack (Pension Contribution, health care and life