Job detailsPosting date: 22 February 2021
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 24 March 2021
Location: SN12 6SS
Company: Westbury Packaging Limited
Job type: Permanent
SummaryWestbury Packaging are one of the premier packaging manufacturers in the South West, occupying a manufacturing, storage and design site in Melksham, Wiltshire, of over 65,000 square feet. Specialising in the design, manufacture, storage and distribution of a wide range of different types of cardboard packaging, including distribution boxes, point of sale, branded packaging for e-commerce and many other forms of packaging. Westbury Packaging are independently owned and the owners work in the business and are part of a young, energetic team of staff with a shared focus on keeping their clients happy and delivering excellent service at all times.
Due to continued expansion we are now looking for a Packaging Designer to join our team. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, development and sample production requirements of the business.
- Developing design concepts from product samples and customer’s brief.
- Fulfilling the brief whilst considering assembly time, aesthetics, functionality, budget and supply chain requirements.
- Mindful usage of raw materials considering commercial and environmental obligations.
- Liaising with the relevant production teams to ensure design concepts can be effectively and efficiently manufactured.
- Preparing drawings, layouts and pallet plans.
- Liaising with customers, ink suppliers, production teams and artworkers to raise print proofs for customers approval.
- Achieving set timelines for development and project launches.
- Responding to CRM requests and timely completion.
- Cross checking system to sample data accuracy.
- Logging drawings and record keeping.
- Shipping completed samples.
- Efficient workload management.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise their own work load. A reliable, dependable self-starter.
- To have had hands-on experience of using AG CAD, or such like software in the corrugated manufacturing industry.
- Experience in operating sample cutting tables.
- A track-record of proven experience (ideally 3 years +).
- A good business sense – numerate, IT literate and commercially aware.
- Ability to engender good working relationships with customers and colleagues. Co-operative and professional.
- Self-motivation and determination.
- Attention to detail – accurate and methodical in work, and will see the job through.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- A full clean driving licence.
KPIs / Measures:
- Project outcome.