Assistant Commercial Accountant - WD30109721049
What will you do
This role will be responsible for preparing the results for Revenue and Gross Margin for the ME region. Responsible in billing accounting operations, reconciling accounts and managing internal controls to aid management decisions and ensure the integrity of the company’s financial results. Also act as key contact for the ME office for all Finance related matters.
How will you do it
- Preparing and completing the Billing process. Maintaining the master file with any changes to values or services and creation of new customer accounts.
- Communicate with clients regarding financial/administrative issues
- Handling incoming customer account/invoice related queries. Respond to customers with disputes to ensure resolution in a timely and expeditious manner. As well as Interaction with internal departments to ensure customer queries are effectively resolved.
- Support Credit Control activities. Supply supporting documentation where required to customers to improve and speed up their readiness to pay
- Act as key contact and support for the ME office for all finance related matters
- Reviewing sales opportunities and working with sales teams ensuring all finance information is provided, analysing contract values and margins
- Releasing the cost of sales and analysing the reported gross margins for key projects. Liaise with operations to understand the opportunities and delivery expectations of projects.
- Preparation of the monthly revenue and COS, including any accruals for review with Management Accountant/Finance Manager
- Working closely with Operations and Sales team to ensure processes for revenue and COS are followed that then facilitates to accurate monthly revenue and GM reporting.
- Provide analysis as requested to the business to support the decision-making process
What we look for
- Strong mentality and adaptability, to be able to make fast and good decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – good telephone manner and appropriate business communications
- Results orientated – able to work under pressure and in a monitored/targeted environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, able to bring a sense of urgency to situations and to demonstrate an active approach
- Ability to work as part of a successful team
- Learning/Change Agility: eagerness to continuously review delivery of services to ensure delivery is always optimum.
- Embraces technology and its advantage with accurate data entry skills and ability to work with various ERP/Customer Solutions systems
- A positive person, who looks for opportunity to achieve
- Relevant work history with the majority in a commercial environment
- Strong PC Literacy, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrable experience of delivering effective customer responses
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure.
Our commitment to sustainability and our legacy of innovation spans more than a century, dating back to our roots in 1885 and our invention of the first electric room thermostat. We provide meaningful opportunities to learn from the best and brightest in the industry. Your work will impact lives around the world. We give people the perfect environment, support and opportunities to make themselves the very best they can be. We trust them with our tomorrow. They can trust us with their talent. We are committed to powering the customer mission and creating greater value for our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings expertise. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind set and collaboration across boundaries. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
Job Finance & Accounting
Primary LocationGB-West Midlands-Solihull
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions