Capita’s Government Services division is a trusted partner to central government and delivers digital and technology-enabled business services across the public sector and local government markets. We are the leading provider of support services from revenues, benefits and back-office processing to IT, HR, finance and beyond. Work with us and you’ll be part of a team solving complex challenges and creating better outcomes for the UK and local economies.
Job title:Business Development Manager - Health
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible
Purpose of role
This pivotal role within the Government Services Division is key to delivering our growth objectives. We need to deliver increased growth within our verticals at an account and strategic level. This includes consultancy activity, project delivery, repeatable propositions, digital transformation as well as building a pipeline of and the execution of strategic deals.
Our Business Development leads provide sector specific capability across the entire sales cycle, including relationship building, the development, identification and qualification of leads, client engagement and deal closure within the vertical. An understanding of the sector and key relationships within that are critical to success.
The remit is wide ranging, from pipeline development, sales origination, developing our sector profile, winning new business, securing contract extensions and up-sell on existing accounts. As such, the role will need to engage effectively with leaders and Business Units across Capita and therefore requires significant collaboration skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with senior executives across large and complex teams.
The role is client facing and requires a thorough understanding of our clients, their challenges, and how we can support them - including the ability to establish relationships through multiple channels and maintain dialogue at a level that supports the creation of opportunity. For each opportunity arising they will be responsible for developing a compelling win strategy, ensuring that is it articulated effectively throughout the sales process and representing Capita to the customer.
- Leading on the development of positive client relationships including the enhancement of existing relationships as well as the creation of new relationships
- Achieving agreed sales (revenue) targets for the vertical including IYR, TCV and qualified pipeline growth
- Drive origination activity via the development of strategic relationships for key strategic opportunities and in support of organic growth at account level
- Engage effectively with clients to understand their needs and respond to these with specific and commercially viable solutions
- Leading the sales cycle for specific opportunities on the pipeline. This includes qualifying opportunities through our governance arrangements, engaging the client to bring opportunities to market, working with internal teams to create a compelling bid and closing the deal in conjunction with commercial colleagues
- Work with key identified accounts and business units within the vertical to embed a growth culture and develop a pipeline of opportunities
- Supporting proposition and product development to identify and shape new propositions that will meet client need and therefore help us grow the division
- Leading the internal ‘sell’ of opportunities, including working with commercial colleagues to guide client proposals through our governance arrangements
Skills and experience
You should have demonstrable experience of:
- Understanding client requirements and building effective relationships that have delivered growth
- Leading sales, including identifying opportunities and managing them through the sales cycle
- Achieving sales targets that have increased revenue and profit
- Selling in the public sector environment, including the specific vertical/sector
- Leading large and complex sales opportunities, with deal values of £10M+
- Engaging executive-level clients, including ‘pitching’ ideas and working in a collaborative way to co-design solutions
- Leading within a large and complex organisation, with a track record in bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects
- Managing internal relationships to secure buy-in for new opportunities
- The core skills required for the role include:
- Relationship Building – the ability to engage and develop sustainable relationships that have delivered mutually beneficial outcomes
- Leadership – the ability to lead, support and develop the team, both direct and in-direct, inspire and motivate and continuously improve the output
- Customer management – from initial engagement with customers to develop long term relationships, and including the ability to challenge customers constructively and bring forward new collaborative projects
- Collaboration – the ability to work with others, particularly operational and commercial staff, and those that can support the development and delivery of new ideas
- Communication – the ability to effectively articulate ideas, problems and solutions in writing and through presentations, to both internal stakeholders and customer groups
- Commercial – the ability to understand and respond to financial and commercial drivers, and create compelling business cases. A track record in delivering profitable opportunities
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application and send us your CV.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time
Location:Home-Based - GBR
Time Type:Full time