- The Domain Architect will work across the End User, collaboration and Access Management domains and help provide strategic technical direction that can optimise enterprise outcomes.
- This particular role focuses on the End User Computing (EUC) portfolio within the Infrastructure and Core Systems area and, as such, the role holder will be conversant in a range of EUC technologies, including End User devices, Unified Communication technologies, collaboration and Identity Management.
Who you will work with
Reporting to the Head of End User Services, this role will work within the Infrastructure and Core Systems domain working closely with other domain architect's, Security, Legal Technology and Regional teams to build cohesive strategic technology solutions in support of business objectives in line with Architecture Community of Practice principals.
Who you will be responsible for
- A Domain Architect is a responsible authority with the requisite knowledge to work across the End User , collaboration and Access Management domains to provide strategic technical direction that can optimise enterprise outcomes.
- This particular role focuses on the End User Computing (EUC) portfolio within the Infrastructure and Core Systems area and, as such, the role holder will be conversant in a range of EUC technologies.
- A Domain Architect collaborates on the production of the domain architectural runway built to support future, current and near-term business needs. In addition, they drive common usability and system behavioural constructs across the domains solutions.
- At portfolio level, the Domain Architect provides guidance relating to business changes, changes in underlying technologies, emerging standards, competitive changes and other factors, which may drive the business in directions that are outside the purview of agile portfolios.
- Aspects of this can include recommendations for development and delivery technology stacks, inter-program system collaboration, interoperability of solutions, APIs, tooling, etc.
- Understand solution context and work with the teams, customers and suppliers to help ensure fitness for the firm environment.
Understand complexities of large-scale solution development and apply Lean & Agile practices to address them where appropriate.
What you will do
- Maintain a high-level holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives
- Participate and/or instigate planning, definition and high level design of solutions
- Build and maintain domain level roadmaps by demonstrating how they deliver the firm's core business capabilities and align to longer term strategic roadmaps
- Help define key technical initiatives that support budgets via Enabler Epics
- Participate in the strategy for building and maintaining the domain architectural runway
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers for architecture to solution architects and non-technical stakeholders
- Drive architectural initiatives in the portfolio kanban and participate in Epics analysis where applicable
- Influence common modelling, design and coding practices, working closely with our application development teams and technical leads
- Collect, generate and analyse innovative ideas and technologies that are applicable to the enterprise in this domain
- Facilitate the reuse of ideas, components and proven patterns.
- Synchronise the following across solutions whenever applicable:
- system, data security and quality.
- Production infrastructure
- Solution User experience governance
- Scalability, performance and other NFRs
- Own and maintain the relevant sections of Release Planning presentations
- Participate in Release Planning activities
- Attend demos whenever critical redesign or foundation work is in progress.
- Keep in touch with the reality of the day-to-day work, listening to the feedback and issues raised by the domain teams to consider and reflect in the roadmaps.
Your career experience so far
- Previous experience of working for a global professional service environment or corporate organisation such as finance/banking.
- Apply as needed our Project Delivery framework practices and Scaled Agile practices (including waterfall projects delivery methods)
- Practical experience of working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is preferable
- Practical experience of working with Lean & Agile delivery tools such as Agile Central (or other similar tools e.g. JIRA) is preferable
- Experience of developing IT roadmaps for specific business or technology areas.
- Experience of architecture tools and techniques.
- Experience of working with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
About the firm
Whatever your area of expertise, you will find a range of career opportunities at Clifford Chance. And wherever you’re heading, Clifford Chance is where you can be true to your ambitions.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, we offer clients a truly international perspective, and we offer our people a rewarding and stimulating career.
We're proud of our approachable, friendly and team-based way of working. Highly professional and self-assured, with an entrepreneurial streak, our people are more than happy to share their expertise and knowledge.
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at Clifford Chance in the London office please visit our careers site
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.
#LI-POST #LI-WRAP #IND