ENGIE are recruiting for three Assistant Site Manager to be based in Merchant House, NE31 2EX. This is a 6-month Fix-term contract working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
About the role:
As the Assistant Site Manager, you will assist the site team to manage the building project in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and cost. You'll develop excellent relationships with customers and assist in managing the Supply Chain and at the same time you will develop your own working knowledge through on site experience and further education via day release.
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the site team to manage a contract which has variable value ranges, and understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Assist with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Read and understand Specification, Drawings, Preliminaries, Preambles and Contract Documentation
- Ensure own compliance of all Company policies and procedures
- Develop personal understanding of construction issues
- Understand and implement the Company Quality Assurance system
- Adhere to the Keepmoat Way of Doing Business
- Store all materials in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, so as to minimise loss and wastage
- Advise Buying Department of any materials that are likely to be surplus at least one month before Contract Completion
- Assist site team to distribute information & receive information from the subcontractors
- Keep Senior Site staff / Contracts Manager advised of all problems with sub-contractors
- Assist the site team to draft construction and short term programmes using IT based software in conjunction with the Planning Department
- Ensure that Plant on site is of good quality and working efficiently
- Ensure all Plant Drivers are approved in accordance with the current regulations
- Ensure all certification is valid and up-to-date
- Assist the site team:
- To complete Weekly GRN reports electronically
- To ensure that materials are supplied and fixed in accordance with Contract Specification
- To order correct materials in sufficient time to ensure their availability when required
- To ensure sub-contractors are kept advised of Site requirements
- To up-date the Construction Programme weekly indicating the progress to date
- To ensure progress is recorded on the standard Company records
- To collate daily allocation sheets
- To record daily labour levels on site
- Assist the QS dept with the implementation of the Operatives Bonus system
- To keep weekly record of onsite plant
- To distribute information & receive information from the subcontractors
- To monitor orders and deliveries to ensure that all materials are available when required
- To ensure c urrent Safety, Health and Welfare requirements are met and implemented
- With the Completion of the Contract in accordance with the agreed Plan and Programme
Required Qualifications, Skills:
- Ability to fully operate Microsoft Project
- Excellent organisational skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving licence
- Previous Site experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of local government construction (refurb/New Build) projects
- SMSTS / CSCS / Asbestos / PASMA / SSSTS, etc.
ENGIE Benefits Include:
- Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
- Employee personal & professional development profile
- Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
About ENGIEFor more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
Job: Administrative support / Logistics / Secretarial
Primary Location: Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
Organization: Cities and Communities - UK
Nature of Responsibility: Operational / Administrative role
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021, 12:00:00 AM
Job Type: Temporary