ENGIE are recruiting for three Site Managers to be based in Merchant House, NE31 2EX. This is a 6-month Fix-term contract working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
About the role:
As the Site Manager, you will manage a designated project on site and achieve the target contributions in accordance with the contract documents and programme; ensuring that the project is delivered safely, on time, to a high standard of quality and with high levels of client/resident satisfaction.
You'll understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure all employees reporting to you do the same and being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To assist the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
- To report to the Project / Contracts Manager on the progress against the programme
- To ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects. Fully understand the company’s SHEQ policy/strategy
- Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives
- Assist with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Maintain and update Construction Phase Health & Safety plan as works proceed
- Liaison with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc.
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the site facilities
- Management of site facilities; welfare, toilets, offices, compound area etc.
- Management of site housekeeping, discipline, behaviour etc.
- To be aware at all times of possible commercial opportunities
- To assist in the management of project specific preliminaries
- Co-ordinate the Sub-Contractors as appropriate
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to fully operate Microsoft Project
- Excellent organisational skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving license
- Previous Site management experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of local government construction projects
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
- Refurbishment work or energy saving retro fit work experience is beneficial
- SMSTS / CSCS / Asbestos / PASMA, etc.
ENGIE Benefits Include:
- Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
- Employee personal & professional development profile
- Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
About ENGIEFor more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
Job: Administrative support / Logistics / Secretarial
Primary Location: Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
Organization: Cities and Communities - UK
Nature of Responsibility: Operational / Administrative role
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021, 12:00:00 AM
Job Type: Temporary